Volunteer Activity Description
25 G3B participants will travel to the rural communities of Panama Este to work with local small businesses to help strengthen and develop operations. Participants will work in teams to help counsel business owners on core concepts such as profit, supply and demand, pricing, accounting, goal setting, etc.
Participants will be on the ground in Panama for 6 days, with an itinerary similar to the following:
- Wednesday evening: Arrive in Panama City, Panama and stay overnight
- Thursday morning: Travel to the Panama Este communities
- Thursday afternoon through Sunday morning: Tackle the business development challenge that is the focal point of the trip and experience a number of cultural activities (e.g., participating in a Spanish or indigenous language class, playing sports with the community members, learning indigenous dances, or assisting a handicraft fair)
- Sunday afternoon: Return to Panama City and complete city tour (i.e., visit the Panama Canal and Casco Viejo)
- Sunday evening: Eat dinner in Panama City and stay overnight
- Monday morning: Depart for home or client site
We will update this site with additional details on the project we will be tackling in Panama, trip logistics, etc. throughout the course of our planning, so be sure to check back throughout January and February!
Judith Fell donated $ to Rana Elkassih 1 day ago
Judith Fell donated $ to Tess Stohrer 1 day ago
Judith Fell donated $ to Sarah Lancaster 3 days ago
Judith Fell donated $ to Brooklyn College Medical June 2013 Nicaragua 6 days ago
Judith Fell donated $ to John Burzotta 7 days ago