1 membersBangladeshHabitat for Humanity Bangladesh was established in 1999 and now works in eight locations around the country. It works in mainly rural programs involving new home constructions, renovations, repairs, disaster response and mitigation, training on water, sanitation and hygiene practices and appropriate construction technology. It currently operates as a branch of Habitat for Humanity International.
4 membersArmeniaIn Armenia, three events have shaped the current housing situation: economic and social transition that included mass housing privatization; the devastating Spitak earthquake; and a large influx of refugees after a violent conflict with Azerbaijan over the Nagorno Karabakh region. Now, 96 percent of the housing stock in the country is privately owned, and the remaining 4 percent in government hands for social rental is not aimed at low-income households. No national system of affordable housing allowances exists.
0 membersEgyptAn estimated 20 million Egyptians live in sub-standard housing with informal housing common in both rural and urban areas. The uneven nature of economic reforms since the 1970’s has put the majority of decent housing beyond the financial means of the low and middle income classes. As a result, there is an excess of the higher priced units which contrast markedly with the severe shortage of low and middle income units.