End Date: Aug 31, 2011 02:00 PM
Volunteer Activity Description:
To provide children from Ban Nakhor School, Sri Muang Mai, Ubonratchatani, Thailand the opportunity to have a library that could help them develop their full potential and help them speak English naturally.
1. To provide a library that is good to health, eco friendly and unique for the students and at the same time to make the volunteers and students have fun building a mud brick library.
2. To introduce an international language to rural school students and provide a great opportunity for them to practice their English speaking skills in different situations.
3. To motivate and inspire children and parents about the importance of education.
4. To create an atmosphere of intercultural cooperation through service.
• Teach English to students in the morning.
• Play with children using English language
• Build a mud brick library in the afternoon
• Help the people in the community in the farm and housework
• Constructed mud brick library for students and the people in the community.
• Students gained confidence in speaking English and expressing ideas
• Students motivated to learn English more and there will be a decrease of negative attitude towards English language
Affiliated Organization: Teaching English and Building Library in Thailand